Plan your new deck ahead of time.
As we approach closer to summer, customers often express their desire for their deck project to be completed in time for the holiday. This is completely understandable because who wouldn’t want to use their new investment for the first “outdoor” holiday of the year? If you are going to have a project done in the spring, you might as well have it completed in time for Memorial Day or well in time for your graduation party.
We try our best to accommodate these deadlines but deck projects often require more time than people expect to get planned properly. The exception would be a deck re-surface project. Those are quite simpler to plan out and execute since the design/layout is already established. It’s then a matter of picking out your decking and railing material and off we go.
For a new deck there are more steps involved:
1. A design needs to be created. This might be straightforward or complex, depending on your needs, preferences, and design criteria.
2. Usually we first start with a design concept and then revisions will follow based on your input.
3. Materials and finishes need to be selected.
4. Project needs to be quoted.
5. Once you sign off on the project, we have to obtain necessary permits. Generally, these are the following: zoning permit, Homeowners association approval, and building permit. This process can take up to a month of time in itself.
6. We can then order materials and begin construction.
7. Depending on the size of the project, construction time will vary. On average, expect one week for small to medium projects, two or more weeks for larger projects.
Given all these steps it’s best to plan early. Two months in advance or more would give you time to prepare without being rushed. Again, how early will also depend on the size and complexity of the project. It never hurts to plan earlier than you think. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain. For those of you that are up against a wall, drop us a line. We still have a few openings available as of right now.
Below are some of the cities we service in the Metro Detroit area:
Ann Arbor | Auburn Hills | Belleville | Berkley | Beverly Hills | Birmingham | Bloomfield | Bloomfield Hills | Brighton | Canton |Canton Twp | Carleton |Commerce |Commerce | Dearborn | Dearborn Hts | Detroit | Dexter | Downriver | Farmington | Farmington Hills | Ferndale | Franklin | Garden City | Gibralter | Green Oak |Genoa Twp | Grosse Pointe Farms | Gross Ile | Grosse Pointe Park | Grosse Pointe Woods | Hartland | Highland | Holly | Howell | Huntington Woods | Keego Harbor | Lake Orion | Lyon Twp | Livonia | Macomb | Madison Hts | Milford | New Hudson | Canton Twp |Northville | Novi | Oak Park | Oakland Twp | Oxford |Plymouth | Pontiac | Plymouth Township | Redford | Riverview | Rochester | Rochester Hills | Royal Oak | Salem | Saline | Shelby | Southfield | South Lyon | Troy |Walled Lake | Waterford | Warren | West Bloomfield | Westland | Wixom | White Lake | Springfield | Downtown Rochester | Ypsilanti | Keego Harbor |Pinckney | Fenton | Northville Township | Bingham Farms | Sylvan Lake | Orchard Lake | Ortonville | Burton | Goodrich | Grosse Pointe | Brighton Twp | Milan |Sterling Heights | Clawson | Commerce Twp | Lansing | Downtown Ann Arbor |Metro Detroit |Whitmore Lake | Wayne |Swartz Creek| Downtown_Plymouth |Wolverine Lake | Union Lake |Downtown Rochester